10.18.2009

Beautiful B-town



Just read on Yahoo that little ole Burlington, Vermont was voted one of the 7 prettiest small towns in America. Have to say I'm in agreement =) Although Peacham, VT is pretty amazing too if you ask anyone in my family...

"Burlington has it all," says Sarah Tuff Dunn, co-author of 101 Best Outdoor Towns. Dunn says the town's charms include "a brick pedestrian marketplace, Vermont's iconic white steeples and rolling hills that spill down toward a lively, green waterfront on Lake Champlain."


I miss all the small town farmers markets, the foliage, the view from the top of Mt. Philo, Shelburne Bay, Church Street, New Moon cafe, Dobra Tea, VT Pub & Brewery, Stone Soup, The Flynn Theater, the smell of VT fall and all the leaves burning, apple picking, eating Skinny Pancakes at the waterfront, oh and key lime martinis at the Daily Planet! I was also sad to miss out on the Balloon Fest, the Champlain Valley Fair, and the Burlington South End Art Hop. And how I miss the spontaneous day trips up to Montreal!

I am of course, missing some people too, but strangely many of them aren't even in Vermont now either anyway. What I will not miss is the snow and ice and ALWAYS being cold. So soon, when VT gets its first big dumping of snow, my homesickness will rather quickly dissipate. Still, looking forward to a visit whenever that happens though. Maybe Christmas =) I can handle a few days of winter I think. Congratulations Burlington on your pageant placement.



2 comments:

Strawberry said...

Not just Burlington, but so many places in VT. I miss Church St. and the waterfront of course. I miss Mt. Philo, the cliff overlooking Colchester, the causeway, Autumn trees, Subaru's, Peacham, Bristol Falls, Burlington bike path. It's definitely the greatest place I know :)

Raven said...

Subarus lol. Yeah I miss the bike path. Bolton pots too.... remember scary naked guy?! Aghh, omg i've never seen you move so fast!