10.14.2009

good thing I'm a cat person

So today I hung out with this, um, wildcat. I went for a walk on a trail at River Legacy Park, and stopped at this little place off the way here overlooking the river. I walked to the middle of that wooden railing and leaned there for five minutes or so taking a rest, looking at the water, and deciding whether to walk on or turn around and head back. Then I happened to glance to my left and found my self staring into the eyes of a rather large feline just hanging out there with me about two feet away. I jumped. He jumped. Then we froze and had a stare down. I slowly reached for my phone as it stared curiously, twitching its stumpy bobbed tail. I took this pic as I began to slowly back away while it just yawned and stretched, and groomed itself like I was a total and utter yawn of a bore. Glad this didn't happen when I was five, (or ya know, 15) cause I would have tried to love him and take him home or give him to my aunt or something.

No comments: