12.31.2011

tomorrow sings


My soul bares the weight of a changing me
a separation leaving me free and yet with a ghostly whispering.
Embracing a name more fitting just seems might bring
me some peace and heal the bad dreams.
Parting ways at a time when there is good cause to be near,
as I take off my soul floods with the fear that the place I am heading
has nothing for me.
Lost in a multitude of thoughts, of dreams good and bad,
of longings, doors shut and locked, of goodbyes and old times,
wished for words that assure and apologies,
choices I regret and days not lived yet, tears shed
over the years swim together and paint a picture of all that has shaped me.
Feeling so far from where they all are, the ones I should be able to be
around most genuinely, finding it strange these ones know
so little about me.
I miss them but maybe there is a reason;
maybe this season apart will help each to see
we are parts of each other, even if we live differently.
I wish I knew you and you knew me so we could affirm each other
unconditionally as sisters and brother. Conversations hang
not leaving my mind, only wishful thinking because
my courage is buried. Behind words about right and wrong
beaten throughout my restless mind. My heart feels the burden
of all such things, and still looks ahead with curious hope because
tomorrow sings.


No comments: