1.18.2012

PANIC!


My first algebra class in about 10 years has me in a wound up intensely tight panic knot. My professor spent the first class, introducing himself, and then lecturing us the rest of the time on how much we all collectively suck since we are American students, and how it is shameful how little we get away with knowing as high school graduates. He stumped us with basic equations he claims we should have mastered in the 5th grade and belittled us for not having been educated properly even in the basics such as order of operations. His level of irritation at our lack of understanding was clearly through the roof, as he felt the need to explain and reiterate his disgust many times over. I have no memory of any of this order of things since its been so many years and I didn't understand it well back then to begin with. I am terrified of this class, and need to find a way to teach myself the building blocks I, um, shamefully wasn't taught well, and am apparently expected to understand anyway? I came home and sat on the couch frozen with anxiety tightening my chest, and haven't moved yet. This really is a real life nightmare to me, I want someone to hold my hand!

No comments: