3.05.2012

What a lovely inviting day it is out

Sun swirled warm and friendly breezes

To see it though, being broken-hearted,

Lost In a torrent of questions and sadness

This day that tempts the senses,

This is life, before me, I want to enjoy it

Feeling unwanted and bordering on senseless

The gift of this season has lost some magic

Since I’m mourning the loss of dreams


Birds sing to others, existing so simply,

I want to take it all in, but I’m distracted by you

I feel warmth on my skin, see new buds on the trees

But life’s all subdued, with muted hues

I wish that I could have it still

The hand of one, her voice, her will

To be with me despite the cost

Feelings that all life’s problems are lost

With the simple and honest comfort of touch

Since I’m mourning the loss of dreams


My sick body’s been painless three days in a row

But I’ve had no one to share them with

I have no one that knows

No one is by my side while I live

It doesn’t seem natural, makes me feel dead

But I will experience the sky and sun

And tell myself it was all in my head,

The time with my favorite one

Since I’m mourning the loss of dreams

No comments: