9.04.2012

everything feels bwoken.  my heart, my body, my mind.
im listening to the heavy rains tonight, 
a dark suffocating time,
on a tormented and extended stay in my old town.
i wish i could find a rabbit hole here 
to slip safely forever down.

if i could have just one thing back which i have lost along my path

it would be her, who has erased me fast, 
washed me clean away from her inside the rolling sea.
i wanted to belong to her, but she feels she was only blind
by my side, so terrible a summer in her mind, her eyes
she says now are open, are glad to be freed.
of me.

i gave her my heart, plus flowers and sweet words

loved and cared deeply, sacrificially.
i think well of our summer
of love and adventure, she sees it as a big failure,
what i valued and treasured,
what i wanted forever, 
two lovers with struggles, yet with room to grow.
but i was a problem, she couldn't take, 
love was not strong enough, she's shaken me off.
loss upon loss is the cost of following my heart across the land,
my lady does not want my hand.



No comments: