9.18.2012

From the moment I got up this morning I have been on the phone. Talking to or leaving or returning messages with doctors offices, banks, insurance companies, social workers, my cell phone company, my mother, or, on hold with any of the above for irritatingly large amounts of time eating away my cell usage.  Making appointments, rearranging appointments, trying to sort out medical insurance, car insurance issues, renters insurance issues, make address changes with everyone under the sun, fighting to fix bank transfer error charges at the fault of the banker who can't enter numbers correctly, hunting online for 5 different types of doctors I need to see who will even take the state insurance I just got approved for, arranging rides.  Getting approval from my bank to let my auto insurer remove the expensive liability and collision on my auto policy since I'm not even using my car being its 2,000 miles away. With my phone attached to my ear I did manage to take out the trash and recycle, and do two loads of my laundry and dry and fold someone else's.  I eventually realized all the time I was spending on hold made me go way over my alloted minute usage on my cell phone so then I had to call and rearrange my monthly plan to avoid paying .45 a minute for the 78 minutes I had already gone beyond my monthly even with rollover minutes accrued.  In the moments between phone calls I've been texting with my boss and my best friends about insane and sad health problems they are facing at ages much too young to be facing them.  Trying to sort out life I didn't even eat today till I made myself stop for a minute and go to the kitchen around 3:00, now its 5:30 and I spent the whole damn day on the phone!  I hope I don't get ear, or brain cancer or something.  Yesterday was pretty similar, and tomorrow will be too.  At least it was a rainy day so I got to listen to that in the background behind... please listen carefully as our menu options have changed... due to a heavy volume of calls your wait time will be approximately 5 minutes... please be aware that from this point on this call me be monitored or recorded... for english press 2... please enter the last four digits of your social security number... I'm sorry I did not understand your response, let's try this again, please enter the number on the card you are enquiring about... I'm sorry I did not understand your response... I'm sorry I did not understand your response... let's try this again... I'm sorry I did not understand your response...

No comments: